The Police and Crime Panel
Mark is supported by a police and crime panel (PCP), made up of 12 representatives from the five councils in West Yorkshire and two independent members.
The duties of the panel includes:
- requesting information from the Commissioner and their attendance at PCP meetings
- requiring the Commissioner to respond to any concerns they have
- making recommendations on the Police and Crime Plan and annual reports
- vetoing the PCC's appointment of the chief constable and the level of local tax (the precept level)
- seeking a professional view from Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary (HMIC) regarding potential dismissals of the Chief Constable
The Police and Crime Panel can be contacted at:
Telephone 07920 833358
1st Floor Policy & Partnerships
This website contains details of the public meetings of the Panel, to which members of the public are entitled to attend.